Dr. Wiehe received his Master of Arts degree from the University of Chicago and his Ph.D. from Washington University in St. Louis. He is a professor in the College of Social Work at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky. His writings including the following books in the field of family violence:
- What Parents Need to Know About Sibling Abuse: Breaking the Cycle of Violence (2002) Springville, UT: Bonneville Cedar Fort Press.
- Understanding Family Violence: Treating and Preventing Partner, Child, Sibling, and Elder Abuse (1998). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. (Amazon.com hardcover, various prices; Amazon.co.uk paperback, £29.62)
- Sibling Abuse: Hidden Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse (1997,2nd edition). Sage.
- Brother/Sister Hurt (1996). Brandon, VT: Safer Society Press.
- Intimate Betrayal: The Trauma of Acquaintance Rape (1995) Sage.
- Working With Child Abuse and Neglect (1996,2nd edition). Sage.
- Perilous Rivalry: When Siblings Become Abusive (1991). Boston, MA: Lexington Books.
Dr. Wiehe is the author of over fifty articles in social science journals and is a frequently cited author. He has lectured extensively on the subject of family violence to lay and professional audiences in the United States and abroad. He has appeared as a guest on numerous radio and TV talk shows, including Donahue and Sonya Live